Wednesday, March 30, 2011

He IS Here

   I went to the dentist today. I had the perfect plan in place. Take my Ipod, zone out and let them do their thing. It so did NOT happen that way!!! First I forgot my Ipod in my other purse. Then I panicked because I realized it after I was on my way tot take my mom to work with NO time to go back and get it. To help you realize why I am like this...I am PETRIFIED...TERRIFIED...SCARED..you name anything associated with fear..that is me when it comes to people messing with my face. Knowing that someone was going to stick a needle in  my face and use drills...yeah, that was not my idea of fun. Now before you say.."You should have prayed about it and turned it all over to God", I did pray before I left this morning. I asked God to help get through this day and not be a big baby. My friends...He had another plan in motion before I left the house that I did not know anything about :) May I tell you about it??
  While driving the 25 minutes to the Dental School, I listened to my Kari Jobe cd fully believeing that I would be fine. I prayed and felt fine when I walked into the school and went up the elevator to the third floor. I was fine when my dentist called my name. I walked into the room where the chairs and cubicles are for the students and the panic set in. All the songs I had in my head flew out the window as I sat down in the seat. As my dentist told me what she was going to do, all I could think of was...please don't let me suffocate and die. They numbed me so I wouldn't feel the shot and I started crying...me a 37 year old balling like a baby!!! But alas I did...that shot hurt, so did the one after it. Then...the songs came back :) God put all the Kari Jobe songs back into my mind that I had memeorized and while the dentist did her thing, I had Gods' Ipod playing in my head :) He was there for me when I needed Him most today :) Kari Jobe sings a song called "Be Still".  My favorite part of the song is the bridge..."Be still and know He is God~ He is here, He is here~Be still and know He is God~ He is here, He is here." The whole song talks bout stilling your soul and knowing God is there for you.
    For the good times...the bad times...the times we don't want Him around..for the times we don't even know we need Him and the times we need Him so desperately we don't even know how to voice it.

                                                              HE IS HERE

Kristina :)

No comments:

Post a Comment