Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Making no Apologies......

                                                      Making no apologies..... 

  I heard that several times this past weekend. So many people making no apologies for what they believe or how they feel about what was reported on 20/20 on April 8. I do not believe any of the reporting on spanking should have been on 20/20...it had nothing to do with the main issue...sexual and spiritual abuse in the IFB camp. You cannot paint every IFB church with the same brush....not every pastor believes in cover-ups, back stabbing, deceit, and punishing the vicitms. However, there are a few that preach and believe that the victim is the cause, the reporter of the problem is the cause of the problem and the only way to deal with them is to remove them.

                                   So what are they making no apolpogies for?????

       Certainly NOT the cover-ups that are going on in some of the IFB churches. Certainly NOT for the spiritual abuses going on every day. Certainly NOT for the "baptist shunning" that goes on if you report a problem to the pastor and he doesn't want to take care of it.
 
       Well, I make no apologies either for what I am about to say. I am a Baptist by choice because I believe the doctrines....not because I have been told it is the only church acceptable by God. I will never blindly follow a man and do whatever he says just because he says to do it. God tells us to discern the spirits whether they be of God or of man. The Holy Spirit speaks to me just like He speaks to anyone else...in the end God will always win. I believe music is an excellent way to spread the Gospel...it speaks to the soul and spirit. God had David play for Saul to soothe his soul. I believe in telling everyone why Jesus came...not just those you deem acceptable to talk too. He died for EVERYONE. God's mercy and Grace is for everyone, including those who have broken my trust. Although forgiveness is given, there are still consequences for actions. I DO NOT believe in "baptist shunning" nor do I practice it. Losing friends is hard, but friendliness will always be given. So, I make NO APOLOGIES for what I believe.
  I am not sorry that God used 20/20 to bring to light abuses that needed to be brought out of the shadows. For too long, victims have been forced to be silent and those who knew have been told to be quiet. In the end whether you agree with how it was done, God opened the door and it up to us as to how we deal with it now. It is time for the pastors who know the truth to speak up and take care of the issues. It is time for the problems to stop being brushed under the rug and those who bring them to light to stop being made out to be the problem. It is time for for the shunning to stop and those who participate to act like the christians they claim to be. Until this happens the devil will win in those churches where the Light of the Son in needed the most.

Kristina

1 comment:

  1. Aunt Tina!! I've been computer less and could not figure out who Aunt Tina was..yea its you! So proud of you friend! SOOO glad your voice is being shared, you are amazing! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete